RGB Fusion 2 version B20.0330.2 now recognizes and controls my ram: G.Skill Trident Z RGB.
- TRX40 Designare. BIOS 4Fc; Windows 10 Pro 64 ver 1909
- AMD Ryzen Threadripper 3960x
- G.Skill Trident Z RGB 8 x 8GB- PCIe: NVIDIA RTX 2080ti FE w/ Corsair RGB water block; AORUS Titan Ridge; AORUS m.2 AIC RAID0; WinTV Quad Tuner
- Gigabyte apps: App Center B19102101, Easytune, SIV, @bios, RGB Fusion, AORUS Storage Manager;
- AMD drivers: Raid 18.104.22.168, chipset 2.03.12.0657,
- Intel driver updates via Intel-Driver-and-Support-Assistant-Installer
- Corsair iCue RGB, Fan and pump controllers
- Lian Li O11 Dynamic XL
- In my last posting on Fusion (which I deleted), I complained that the newest Fusion version (the one working now) failed to recognize Trident ram. In an earlier posting, I reported Fusion controlling Trident ram with version B20.0122.1, but after a clean install of W10 and RAID0 I could not replicate that feat. I also tried an earlier version that worked one time until restart, then it would not recognize the motherboard or ram.
- I used ASUS AURA to control ram RGB for a while, but after running XMP, the right bank of 4 ram sticks became multicolored rainbows, while the left bank was controlled. AURA never recovered control. I also tried G.SKILL-Trident-Z-Lighting-Control-v1.00.08, but each time I received an error that one element could not be installed because a newer version was installed. I never found a newer version.
Steps to success:
- Uninstalled ASUS AURA RGB, G.Skill RGB, and RGB Fusion. After uninstalling via Windows Apps and Features, I was left with a lot of remnants.
- Uninstalled Patriot Viper (Fusion will reinstall) and GALAX RGB programs (from ASUS). Restarted
- C: Drive: deleted folders/files from G.Skill, Patriot, GALAX and ASUS, as well as Gigabyte Fusion from C: Program Files, Program Files (x86), Program Data, and Users/App Data. I did not touch Corsair. Restarted
- Ran Ccleaner registry scan looking for any remnants of anything AURA, ASUS, GALAX, Fusion RGB, Patriot, G.Skill. Selected only those remnants and "Fixed" issues. Ran it again at least two more times, because additional remnants would be identified in subsequent scans. Restarted.
- Ran Ccleaner registry two more times until none of the subjects appeared. Restarted.
- Moved files from C: Windows/Prefetch into a folder on the desktop. Moved all AAC GALAX and Patriot setups, anything AURA, Check_Kill.exe (Fusion will reinstall), G.Skill, RGBFusion, any other RGB, but nothing Corsair. Restarted
- Ran Ccleaner once more but it was clean.
- I wanted to install RGB Fusion with APP Center, but the version it would install was old. So I downloaded and ADMIN installed RGB Fusion 2 ver B20.0330.2. Restarted
- Opened APP Center and clicked on RGB Fusion icon. It recognized my motherboard and my G.Skill keyboard, but It DID NOT RECOGNIZE Trident Z RGB.
- I closed RGB Fusion but kept APP Center open, went to my same downloaded Fusion B20.0330.2 file that I just installed and selected ADMIN install again. New windows popped up, my ram went all red and then blue and Fusion recognized my ram, keyboard and MB.
- I’ve restarted a couple of times and put the computer to sleep and Fusion is still working properly. Previously, when the system slept, the ram would stay lit. Now everything goes dark during sleep.I think that's what Check_Kill.exe does.
I hope this process works for you. Let us know.